PGM Foundation was established in 2009
PGM is a charitable organization whose mission is to empower young people through our sporting events in Botswana.
As the founder of the Diacore Gaborone Marathon, we strive to give talented and determined Batswana the tools to succeed by providing a wide platform to build local capacity for sporting events that meet international standards.
PGM launched the Gaborone City Marathon as its first flagship event in 2010. The event has since been named Diacore Gaborone Marathon (DGM). DGM is the country’s largest running for charity event an important qualifier for major international races in which Botswana and international athletes participate.
DGM is AIMS certified and IAAF affiliated.
The PGM team consists of Thola Magang, Emma Muller and Teddy Egner.
- DGM trains Batswana in athletics, sponsorship management, logistics, administration, Public Relations and hospitality services.
- We help raise money for charities countrywide.
- We provide resources, equipment and technical expertise on a non-profit basis to other sports and cultural events in Botswana.
- PGM has trained up to 20 riders from the Gaborone Cycling Club in marshalling.
- PGM has helped develop a local anti-doping team from scratch.
- DGM’s local events team has been the result of a unique transfer of skills initiative by Quintessentially Events.
- Through DGM, PGM Foundation raises funds for charities that support the disadvantaged in our society.